The ultimate detoxifying ancient Middle Eastern treatment combined with the revolutionary LED light therapy
Cupping Therapy or Chinese cupping is the term applied to a technique that uses small glass cups as suction devices that are placed on the skin to disperse and break up stagnation and congestion by drawing congested blood and energy to the surface.
This traditional Chinese medicine treatment, with its 2,000-year history, has always been in vogue.
In recent years cupping has been growing in popularity, with celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Aniston, David Arquette, Victoria Beckham and athlete Michael Phelps drawing public attention to this traditional Chinese therapy technique.
HOW CAN CUPPING HELP?
Cupping is a powerful therapy, its warming and dispersing actions can benefit a range disorders including:
- Musculoskeletal conditions such as: back ache, neck ache, pain and tingling in arms and shoulders, sciatic pain
- Nervous system conditions such as: anxiety, depression, insomnia, tension headaches
- Digestive system conditions such as: constipation, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, weight loss
- Respiratory system conditions such as: asthma, bronchitis, cough, common cold, fever
- Cosmetic conditions such as: cellulite, fluid retention
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER CUPPING TREATMENT?
After your cupping treatment, it is not uncommon to experience sore skin and what looks like bruising. This is both an expected and wanted effect of the session. The colour and pattern of the marks depend on the level of stagnation in the area. If marks do appear, they can range from a bright red to dark purple, usually lasting 3 days to a week – sometimes longer if the person is very sick or sedentary.
While the marks look painful, they aren’t. If there is no stagnation present, there will be only a light pink mark which disappears in a few minutes to a couple of hours. Sites where there is old trauma or injury may require multiple cupping treatments to remove all stagnation. You will find in follow up treatments that the marks will be visibly lighter as the pathogens are systemically removed from the body.
Avoid the following for 24 hours after your session:
- Excessive or heavy exercise
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Hot Bath/Shower
- Heavy meals